Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Noosa and parts of Gympie and Sunshine Coast Council Areas.
Issued at 1:45 pm Monday, 25 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 1:40 pm, very dangerous thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area south of Gympie and Amamoor. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. Very dangerous thunderstorms are forecast to affect Gympie, the area southeast of Gympie and Pomona by 2:10 pm and Noosa Heads, the area east of Gympie and the area northeast of Gympie by 2:40 pm.
Large, possibly giant hailstones, damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.