Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:29 pm Monday, 25 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are continuing to develop across southern Queensland
Weather Situation: Severe thunderstorms have weakened over the Wide Bay and Capricornia districts. Severe thunderstorms are persisting along a surface trough extending through the Wide Bay and Burnett district into central Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rolleston, Springsure, Mantuan Downs and Carnarvon National Park.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.