Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central West, Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:11 pm Friday, 29 October 2021.
An area of thunderstorms over the eastern Channel Country and western Warrego is slowly intensifying.
Weather Situation: A cold front extending over southern inland and western Queensland is advancing eastwards into an unstable airmass. In addition, strong winds in the upper atmosphere over the southern half of the state will promote severe storm development.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in many locations the warning area over the next several hours. In addition, a few instances of large hail and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are possible. Locations which may be affected include Charleville, Windorah, Mitchell, Adavale, Augathella and Jundah.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.