Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:54 pm Friday, 29 October 2021.
A few severe thunderstorms likely to remain active over the Maranoa and western Darling Downs area for another hour or two.
Weather Situation: A cold front extending over southern inland and northwestern Queensland continues to advance eastwards. The airmass ahead of the line of storms over the central Darling Downs and further east is more stable, and expect storm activity to decline once it reaches this area.
Severe thunderstorms may to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next hour or two. Locations which may be affected include Goondiwindi, Inglewood, Texas and Surat.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the North West, Central West and Channel Country districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.