Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Southeast Coast and parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:42 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms continue over southeast Queensland. Noosa and northern Wide Bay storms have weakened.
A southeasterly change is moving through southeast Queensland into a humid, unstable air mass, triggering scattered thunderstorms.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Dalby, Ipswich, Coolangatta, Caboolture, Cleveland, Gatton, Jimboomba and Redcliffe.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.