Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gympie, Gold Coast and Noosa Council Areas.
Issued at 7:12 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area southeast of Gympie, the area northwest of Gympie and waters off from Gold Coast Seaway. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Noosa Heads, the area northwest of Noosa Heads and Pomona by 7:40 pm and Toolara Forest and waters off Sunshine Beach by 8:10 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.