Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Cherbourg and parts of Gympie, Western Downs, South Burnett and Toowoomba Council Areas.
Issued at 8:57 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the ranges north of Jandowae. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect the area west of Kingaroy and Mt Mowbullan by 9:20 pm and Kingaroy and the ranges between Gympie and Murgon by 9:50 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.