Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:05 pm Saturday, 4 December 2021.
Line of severe storms approaching far southeast inland parts. Isolated storms intensifying further north.
Weather Situation: Severe thunderstorms occurring northeast of a trough over northeastern NSW.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Ipswich, Beaudesert, Coolangatta, Boonah, Beenleigh, Gatton, Jimboomba, Laidley, Lowood, Mount Tamborine and Springbrook.
89 km/h wind gust at Warwick at 4:49pm.
139 km/h wind gust at Cape Byron at 5:49pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.