Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:42 pm Sunday, 5 December 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are developing through eastern Queensland this afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are triggering on and east of a dry line in the southeastern quarter of Queensland this afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Biloela, Monto, Baralaba, Woorabinda, Theodore and Moura.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.