Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Scenic Rim, South Burnett, Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley Council Areas.
Issued at 4:31 pm Friday, 1 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:25 pm, broken lines of severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area west of Kingaroy, Pittsworth, and the area southwest of Toowoomba. A separate storm was located near Rathdowney. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect the area northwest of Toowoomba, the area south of Kingaroy and Cambooya by 4:40 pm and Toowoomba, Kingaroy and the area northwest of Kingaroy by 4:55 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.