Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gympie and Noosa Council Areas.
Issued at 2:45 pm Tuesday, 12 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:40 pm, a severe thunderstorm was detected on the weather radar near Imbil. This thunderstorm is moving towards the northeast and is forecast to affect Kandanga and Amamoor by 3:10 pm and the area southeast of Gympie, Kin Kin and Cooran by 3:40 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely with this storm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.