Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gympie, Sunshine Coast and Noosa Council Areas.
Issued at 3:17 pm Tuesday, 12 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Nambour and west of Cooran. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Coolum, the area south of Noosa Heads, the area southeast of Gympie, Eumundi, and Kin Kin by 3:40 pm and Noosa Heads and Lake Cooloola by 4:10 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.