Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gympie and Noosa Council Areas.
Issued at 4:33 pm Tuesday, 12 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:25 pm, a severe thunderstorm was detected on the weather radar east of Goomboorian. This thunderstorm is moving towards the northeast. It is forecast to affect Double Is Point, Wide Bay, and Rainbow Beach by 5:25 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.