Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Moreton Bay and parts of Ipswich, Logan, Somerset, Scenic Rim, Southern Downs, Lockyer Valley, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Council Areas.
Issued at 4:33 am Friday, 15 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms continue to develop across the southeast.
Weather Situation: A low pressure trough is moving across southeast QLD and is triggering thunderstorms ahead of the system as it tracks further east.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:30 am, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Laidley, Gatton, Mount Kilcoy, Kooralbyn and the area west of Warwick. These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. They are forecast to affect Warwick, the area south of Warwick and Woodford by 5:00 am and Redcliffe, Caboolture and Beachmere by 5:30 am.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.