Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Southern Downs and Toowoomba Council Areas.
Issued at 11:18 am Monday, 18 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are moving southeast across the Toowoomba region
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 11:15 am, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Pittsworth and Felton. These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. They are forecast to affect the area northwest of Warwick, the area southwest of Toowoomba and Clifton by 11:45 am and Warwick, the area north of Warwick and Allora by 12:15 pm.
Damaging, locally destructive winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
51mm was recorded in 30 minutes at Centenary Bridge
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.