Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gympie and Noosa Council Areas.
Issued at 7:18 pm Tuesday, 19 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area north of Gympie and Mount Kanighan. These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. They are forecast to affect Gympie and Goomboorian by 7:40 pm and the area east of Gympie, the area northeast of Gympie and Pomona by 8:10 pm.
Giant hailstones and damaging winds are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.