Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Logan and parts of Scenic Rim and Gold Coast Council Areas.
Issued at 11:30 pm Tuesday, 19 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms have developed about the southeastern interior.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 11:25 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area between Boonah and Beaudesert. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Tamborine and Jimboomba by 11:55 pm and Beenleigh, Logan City, Greenbank and Woodridge by 12:25 am.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.