Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Ipswich, Logan, Scenic Rim and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 7:24 pm Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:45 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Bundamba Lagoon. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect Harrisville and Greenbank by 7:15 pm and Peak Crossing, Logan Village and the area south of Amberley by 7:45 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
45mm has been recorded at Mt Alford in 1 hour.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.