Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Logan, Southern Downs, Redland City and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 8:20 pm Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Logan City, Slacks Creek and Murray Bridge. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect the area southeast of Warwick, the area east of Warwick and Ormiston by 8:20 pm and Cleveland, Peel Island and southern waters of Moreton Bay by 8:50 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
45mm has been recorded at Mt Alford in 1 hour.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.