Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Redland City and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 8:25 pm Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Cleveland and Ormiston. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Dunwich, Peel Island and southern waters of Moreton Bay by 8:50 pm and Point Lookout, Amity Point and northern parts of North Stradbroke Island by 9:20 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
45mm has been recorded at Mt Alford in 1 hour.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.