Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Somerset and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 2:18 pm Thursday, 21 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near northern Lake Wivenhoe. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect Beachmere by 2:35 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
63mm recorded at Waterford Alert recorded in the 1hr to 130pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.