Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Somerset, Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 3:24 pm Thursday, 21 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area west of Kilcoy. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Mount Kilcoy and Maleny by 3:50 pm and the area west of Conondale by 4:20 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
63mm recorded at Waterford Alert recorded in the 1hr to 130pm.
56mm recorded at Caboolture recorded in 30min to 230pm.
78mm recorded at Beachmere in the 1hr to 245pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.