Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Redland City and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 10:07 am Friday, 22 October 2021.
Isolated severe thunderstorm in eastern Brisbane
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 10:00 am, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Manly and Wynnum. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Brisbane Airport by 10:30 am and Mud Island by 11:00 am.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.