Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Brisbane City Council Area.
Issued at 10:19 am Friday, 22 October 2021.
Isolated severe thunderstorm in eastern Brisbane, GIANT HAIL possible
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 10:15 am, very dangerous thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Wynnum, Brisbane Airport and Manly. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. Very dangerous thunderstorms are forecast to affect Mud Island by 10:45 am and southern Moreton Island by 11:15 am.
Large, possibly giant hailstones, damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.