Source: Bureau of Meteorology
Issued at 2:07 pm Friday, 22 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Conondale. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Nambour and Mapleton by 2:35 pm and Yandina and the area southwest of Eumundi by 3:05 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
101mm was recorded in 1 hour at Luggage Point (Brisbane Airport) to 11:18am.
A weak tornado was observed at Brisbane Airport earlier this morning.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.