Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Scenic Rim, Southern Downs, Western Downs, South Burnett, Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley Council Areas.
Issued at 5:10 pm Saturday, 23 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Stanthorpe, the area north of Warwick and the area northwest of Warwick. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. They are forecast to affect Warwick, the area south of Toowoomba and the area southwest of Toowoomba by 5:40 pm and Mount Barney, the area south of Helidon and the area southwest of Kingaroy by 6:10 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.