Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Ipswich, Logan, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 6:56 pm Saturday, 23 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Ipswich, Amberley, Rosewood and Hatton Vale. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. They are forecast to affect Redbank Plains and Marburg by 7:20 pm.
Damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are possible with these storms.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.