Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Scenic Rim and Southern Downs Council Areas.
Issued at 6:06 pm Thursday, 28 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:00 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area south of Cunninghams Gap and the NSW border. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Maroon Dam and Moogerah by 6:30 pm and Moogerah Dam by 7:00 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.