Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley Council Areas.
Issued at 7:47 pm Thursday, 28 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:40 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar. Thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect the area south of Helidon by 8:10 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.