Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Lockyer Valley and parts of Ipswich, Somerset and Scenic Rim Council Areas.
Issued at 8:27 pm Thursday, 28 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Mulgowie and the area south of Helidon. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Laidley, Gatton and Hatton Vale by 8:50 pm and Rosewood, Marburg and Lowood by 9:20 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Thornton (S of Mulgowie) has recorded 52mm in 30 minutes to 8:24pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.