Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Ipswich and parts of Lockyer Valley, Noosa and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 3:59 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Mulgowie, Lake Cooloola and the area south of the NSW border. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect Laidley, Grandchester and Rosewood by 4:20 pm and Ipswich, Redbank Plains and Amberley by 4:50 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.