Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Ipswich, Logan, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Redland City, Noosa and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 4:51 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:30 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Ipswich, Amberley, the area south of the NSW border and Mount Barney. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Brisbane CBD, Archerfield and Camp Hill by 5:00 pm and Logan City, Cleveland and southern waters of Moreton Bay by 5:30 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.