Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Logan and parts of Ipswich, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Redland City and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 6:26 pm Saturday, 30 October 2021.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Bundamba Lagoon, southern Moreton Island and Harrisville. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect Beenleigh, Tangalooma and northern Moreton Island by 6:50 pm and Coomera, Hope Island and South Stradbroke Island by 7:20 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Widespread reports of hail up to 3-4cm through western and northern Brisbane.
100 km/h gust at Brisbane Airport at 5:50pm.
107 km/h gust at Inner Beacon in Moreton Bay at 6:10pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.