Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in King Island and parts of South East, East Coast, North West Coast, Central North, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:18 am Friday, 29 October 2021.
DAMAGING SOUTH TO SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS TODAY
Weather Situation: A low will deepen near the east coast of Tasmania and direct strong south to southwesterly winds over the state.
DAMAGING SOUTH TO SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 100 km/h are likely about King Island this morning and afternoon, and about the east coast of Tasmania and in the lee of the Central Plateau this afternoon. The southeast, including Hobart, may be affected.
Winds are expected to ease this evening as the low moves away to the east.
Locations which may be affected include Currie, Swansea, Bicheno, Orford, Hobart and Dodges Ferry.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
* Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.