Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in South West and parts of Wimmera Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:59 pm Thursday, 28 October 2021.
Possible heavy rainfall developing over Victoria's southwest.
Weather Situation: Showers tending to rain over the southwest of Victoria from late Thursday, easing Friday morning.
HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING may develop over the warning area this evening. Rainfall is expected to ease early Friday morning.
A Flood Watch has been issued for southwest Victoria.
Locations which may be affected include Hamilton, Warrnambool, Portland and Colac.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* If driving conditions are dangerous, safely pull over away from trees, drains, low-lying areas and floodwater. Avoid travel if possible.
* Stay safe by avoiding dangerous hazards, such as floodwater, mud, debris, damaged roads and fallen trees.
* Be aware - heat, fire or recent storms may make trees unstable and more likely to fall when it's windy or wet.
* Check that loose items, such as outdoor settings, umbrellas and trampolines are safely secured. Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Stay indoors and away from windows.
* If outdoors, move to a safe place indoors. Stay away from trees, drains, gutters, creeks and waterways.
* Stay away from fallen powerlines - always assume they are live.
* Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks. Heavy rainfall may also increase the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
* Stay informed: Monitor weather warnings, forecasts and river levels at the Bureau of Meteorology website, and warnings through VicEmergency website/app/hotline.