Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Goldfields, Eucla and South Interior districts.
Issued at 11:10 am Tuesday, 26 October 2021.
Possible severe thunderstorms over southeastern parts of the State.
Weather Situation: Thunderstorms are currently occurring along a trough over the South Interior, Goldfields and Eucla which have the potential to become severe during this afternoon and evening.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Carnegie, Forrest and Rawlinna.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If there is flooding, create your own sandbags by using pillow cases filled with sand and place them around doorways to protect your home.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Do not drive into water of unknown depth and current.
* Slow down and turn your headlights on.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* If it is raining heavily and you cannot see, pull over and park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears.